Parents are welcome to request personalized reading lists, based on reading ability and interests, for their students. Here are quick links to some of the general interest booklists that the librarian has prepared:
- K-5 Summer Reading List by grade level: Created jointly by the librarians of the Thoreau, Alcott and Willard Schools. Includes titles from the state English Language Arts frameworks.
- Thoreau Cares: books that support our school's core values. ThoreauCares
- Thoreauly Green: books that illustrate care for the environment. ThoreaulyGreen
- Open Circle Books: books that support our school's social awareness curriculum. Open Circle Booklist
- Children's Books in Series: This website, searchable by series, author and title, lists books in a series in recommended reading order. http://www.mcpl.lib.mo.us/readers/series/juv/