Grade 4 and 5 Digital Citizenship survey: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1-GwHiJAKvVI05ROlkZlceSWDQ4K3CdFi_ljV5IKPCRo/viewform
We ARE Digital Citizens: Using technology in an Appropriate, Responsible and Effective Way
- Our Digital Citizenship study begins in Kindergarten and continues through Grade 5.
A= APPROPRIATE USE: Safety
- Students learn safety and security rules to protect their identities online, both in terms of personal safety and in the context of identity theft.
R= RESPONSIBLE USE: Manners/Ethics
- Students consider the rights and responsibilities of Web use, including cyberbullying and copyright.
E= EFFECTIVE USE: Research
- Students learn a variety of strategies for locating and evaluating information using web searches, online encyclopedias, and databases.
- Each grade level except for kindergarten works on a research project, which allows students to practice and apply their digital citzenship skills.