Stop Motion Animation
At Thoreau School we have access to equipment for making stop-motion animations.
We use software called HUE Animation on Macbooks along with iCreate cameras.
We also use an app called MyCreate on the iPads, which have a built-in camera.
Students: Go to Camera > Settings to choose a different camera within the HUE software.
If you have trouble switching cameras, unplug the camera, replug the camera, and try again.
Check out the links below for helpful animation tips. Terrific for any animation project, not just Legos.
Click here for storyboard templates to use for planning.
Click here to browse and download royalty free music by Incompetech for video and animation projects.
Student Work Samples: Check out these animation projects by Alcott Artists, as well as other artists.
- Sesame Street: OK GO – Three Primary Colors
- The Robot and the Butterfly by Mr. Jones Art
- Stand Up Tall by Mr. Jones Art
- Frictions by Burayan
- Western Spaghetti by PES
- Game Over by PES
- Fresh Guacamole by PES
- Creativity by Tiny Circus (anything Tiny Circus does is pretty awesome!)
- Elephant Trap by Tiny Circus
- The Art Classroom by Tiny Circus