Computer Science Quick Links
Try these "Hour of Code" activities for Computer Science in Education Week, Dec 3-7, or anytime! HOC Kick off video
- The Hour of Code by Code.org, scroll halfway down for the Classic Maze
- Snoopy Snow Brawl a special seasonal edition of The Foos! (wait a long time until it fully loads)
- The Foos great for K-2 (wait a long time until it fully loads)
- Code Boogie by Google Santa Tracker, program the elves to dance!
- Santa Tracker Code Lab write code to help Santa
- Code a Snowflake Thanks Mrs. Swain for finding this one and sharing!
- iPad apps = Moofy Recognizing Patterns, Zoombinis, The Foos
- Scratch An open-ended programming environment
- check out these Scratch Coding Cards to learn how to code in Scratch
- Code.org courses Learning code step by step:
- Click the Sign In button in the upper right corner.
- Ask your teacher for your class/section code.
- Grades K & 1 start at Course A Lesson 6
- Grades 2 & 3 start at Course B Lesson 7
- Grades 4 & 5 start at Course C Lesson 2
Try these computational thinking games by NCTM Iluminations Interactive Resources
- Bobbi Bear How many outfits can you make
- Patch Tool Design a pattern using geometric shapes you can flip and turn (similar to the Shapes software)
- Turtle Pond Use code to get the turtle to the pond (similar to the Turtle Paths software)