We have several children in our class with food allergies this year.
It is necessary to take some precautions to avoid a life-threatening reaction.
We appreciate your cooperation and understanding of the following classroom routines.
1. Hand washing will become routine upon entering the classroom, and before eating.
2. Celebration snacks will be avoided due to the Concord Public School System initiative.
3. Please do not send in any extra food to be shared between students at snack.
4. Do not send in any snack items for your child that contains PEANUTS OR TREE NUTS. All ingredients in snacks must be checked ahead of time to avoid this allergen. Food can not enter the classroom if they are made in a place where peanuts or tree nuts are processed. If ingredients are not listed on a snack, your child will not be able to eat it in the classroom. Please list all ingredients in any homemade snacks.
5. Your Child's lunch does not have to be nut free. There is a nut free table in the cafe for children with this allergy. If your child's snack is nut-free, they can and should be encouraged to sit at this table with their classmates on occasion. PLEASE PACK AND LABEL SNACK AND LUNCH SEPARATELY SO THAT LUNCH ITEMS DO NOT ENTER THE CLASSROOM.
THANK YOU FOR HELPING TO KEEP OUR CLASSROOM A HEALTHY PLACE TO LEARN!