K-5 Library Enrichment Activities to Access at Home
Order in the Library - Shelve books in order. Play fiction (order by last name) or Dewey (nonfiction titles in number order).
Online Reading Resources
- Sora allows you to check out ebooks and audiobooks and can be used across platforms: tablet, smartphone, or web-based on a computer.
- Log into SORA by searching for “Thoreau Elementary” Sign in using your first initial+last name+grad year (for example: jturner32). Password is CXXXX (replace "X"s with student's four digit passcode used for other programs like Lexia and DreamBox.
- A list of e-books, audio books, and read alouds is available on this list.
Tools for Research
- World Book Online has a huge number of articles and ebooks available. Use "Students" or "Advanced" for more in-depth information. Username: cpshome; password: patriots
- BrainPop has short videos on famous people, digital citizenship, research, creating citations, science, holidays, and much more. Username: Thoreau3; password: concord
- PebbleGo or PebbleGo Next are excellent resources for information on holidays, animals, or important people. Log on via the Thoreau School homepage under the "Students" tab.
Library Lessons to do at Home
- National Poetry Month, part 1, and part 2
- Connecting with your community
- Service learning
- Pet Appreciation Month
- Wonders in our world
- Inspiring people
- STEAM activities
*If you're looking for something fun to do, you might want to check this list of offline activities (that go beyond library curriculum).