Computer Science Quick Links
Try these "Hour of Code" activities anytime!
Code.org Thoreau student logins
- Go to this site https://studio.code.org/join
- Then enter your class code (It's a 6 letter code like "ABCDEF")
Online Coding Activities
- Google Logo Coding Fun!
- Snoopy Snow Brawl a special seasonal edition of The Foos! (wait a long time until it fully loads)
- The Foos great for K-2 (wait a long time until it fully loads)
- Code Boogie by Google Santa Tracker, program the elves to dance!
- Santa Tracker Code Lab write code to help Santa
- Code a Snowflake Thanks Mrs. Swain for finding this one and sharing!
- iPad apps = Moofy Recognizing Patterns, Zoombinis, The Foos
- Scratch An open-ended programming environment
- check out these Scratch Coding Cards to learn how to code in Scratch
Try these computational thinking games by NCTM Iluminations Interactive Resources
- Bobbi Bear How many outfits can you make
- Patch Tool Design a pattern using geometric shapes you can flip and turn (similar to the Shapes software)
- Turtle Pond Use code to get the turtle to the pond (similar to the Turtle Paths software)