Remote Learning Support
The 2020-2021 CPS Elementary 1:1 Computer Device Program
Thoreau Laptop Care and Safe Use
- When experiencing any difficulty with the device, please note that most problems can be solved with logging out and restarting the device.
- To keep the device in good working order, please remember to shut down or restart the device everyday or every other day.
- If the issue you are having does not resolve following these steps, please fill out a TECHNICAL SUPPORT TICKET and we will do our best to get back to you as soon as possible.
Logging in to a Thoreau-issued Macbook
- How to login to Google Classroom
- Google Classroom Overview
- Google Classroom Help Center
- How to use Google Classroom: For Parents
- Please be sure to share and discuss the terms of the agreement with your child.
- Laptop: CPS Elementary Student Laptop Expectations & Loan Agreement
- iPad: CPS Elementary Student iPad Expectations & Loan Agreement
- How to extend the life of a Macbook battery
- How to update apps on a Thoreau iPad
- Our school Internet filtering does not extend outside the school network. The best approach for families who would like Internet filtering at home would be to use parental controls on their router provided by their Internet provider (Comcast or Verizon).