The Fundations Program
What Is Fundations?
Fundations is a systematic phonics, spelling, and handwriting program that is designed for students in grades kindergarten to third. Fundations is taught in the whole-class setting, but can also be taught in a small group or 1:1 setting, for students who may require additional time for learning in these areas.
Key features of this program include the following, and are presented from Unit to Unit and year to year:
- Instruction in Letter formation, using scripted language of “sky line, plane line, grass line, worm line”
- Instruction in Phonological & phonemic awareness
- Instruction in Sound-symbol Correspondence knowledge, teaching students a letter name, it’s key word, and it’s sound(s)
- Instruction in Phonics, word study, and advanced word study
- Irregular (trick) word instruction (for both reading and spelling)
- Comprehension strategies
- Written composition (spelling and handwriting)
For more detailed information about this program visit: https://www.wilsonlanguage.com/programs/fundations/